920 Spring Street
Petoskey, MI 49770
Telephone (231) 348-9555
Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey
Posted May 8, 2018
Help make each guest stay a great stay! Be part of our service team. We are paying $11.50 an hour for the summer season! WE OFFER CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND AN INCREASE POTENTIAL OF UP TO $1.00 AFTER ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
- What you will be doing
- Maintain the hotel rooms and building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors.
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents.
- Strip beds and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Welcome each guest with a warm and inviting smile.
- Interact with the guests and ensure their 100% satisfaction during the stay.
- Provide the highest level of quality to our guests.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Two years’ experience preferred, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Must have excellent people skills.
- Individual must have an energetic personality and seek to always exceed our guests expectations
Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey
77 Room Hotel
Your home away from home in the bay town Petoskey, MI.
Enjoy beautiful bay views from the Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey hotel, located near Little Traverse Bay in Petoskey, MI. Stroll around the historic gaslight district, explore the marina or Bayfront Park and discover more than 95 unique shops and boutiques in the downtown area. Visit the Crooked Tree Arts Center or if you’re here in winter, if you're here in winter, make sure to stop by Nub’s Nob Ski Area, just eight miles from this Petoskey, MI hotel. Nub’s Nob boasts 53 ski slopes and trails on three peaks.
You’ll always get the complete package of amenities at the Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey hotel - from the clean and fresh Hampton bed® in each guest room to free high-speed internet access, great leisure facilities, and friendly service with a smile. Each morning, enjoy a tasty Hampton’s free hot breakfast or if you’re in a rush, pick up a Hampton on the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday to Friday. And it’s all backed by our 100% Hampton Guarantee™.