1777 West High-Point Drive
LaPorte, IN 46350
Telephone (219) 362-6100
Hampton Inn LaPorte
Posted February 10, 2018
Help make each guest stay a great stay! Be part of our service team! WE OFFER CAREER ADVANCEMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND AN INCREASE POTENTIAL OF UP TO $1.00 AFTER ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
- A full time or part time front desk agent
- Someone with a flexible schedule who can work weekends and 3pm-11pm shifts and 7am - 3pm shifts
- Someone who is dedicated to excellent customer service and has an outgoing personality
- Must be able to work weekends and nights
- Must have open availability
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years experience in a service industry, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Pleasant telephone demeanor.
- Positive attitude
Responsibilities for this Position
- Welcomes guests, solves minor problems, and ensures guests have a great stay.
- Enters data into computer, including some minor accounting functions.
- Establishes and secures proper guest credit.
- Handles any billing questions and inquiries.
- Solves guest-related problems within scope of authority.
- Enters wake-up call requests into PBX system.
- Generates reports for Front Desk, Engineering, and Housekeeping.
- Performs all accounting duties including posting charges, account settlements, and shift closing.
- Answers phones and relays messages to guests as well as other conference center associates.
- Must be willing to work a variety of day/night and weekend shifts.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to converse in basic English.
- Requires strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Excellent people skills.
- Must meet grooming standards.
- Meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Computer experience strongly desired.
- An energetic personality.
Hampton Inn LaPorte
62 Room Hotel
A great choice among LaPorte, Indiana hotels.
Relax in your spacious guest room at Hampton Inn LaPorte, a 62-room property located off the Indiana Toll Road. Our hotel is five miles from LaPorte City Center and a 10-15 minute drive from area beaches, including Indiana Dunes and Michigan City Beach / Washington Beach.
Try your luck at nearby casinos like Blue Chip in Michigan City, a 15-20 minute drive, and Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo Michigan, a 10-15 minute drive. Catch a Notre Dame Football game and book Shaky’s shuttle service to conveniently get you there. Hampton Inn LaPorte is located in the vicinity of local museums, historical buildings and the Briar Leaf championship golf course, making it one of the most ideal LaPorte, Indiana hotels for golf outings.
Whether you’re traveling on business or vacation with your loved ones, you’ll enjoy free in-room high-speed internet access, a fitness center and full-size heated pool. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Savor delicious waffles and oatmeal and enjoy as much juice and coffee as you’d like. Rushing to an appointment? Grab one of this LaPorte, Indiana hotel’s Hampton’s On the Run® breakfast bags to go, Monday to Friday.
Recline on our signature clean and fresh® Hampton bed, available as one king-sized or two queens. Business guests can work at the large desk or prop a laptop on the portable lap desk and sit back in the comfortable armchair.