6353 Melton Road
Portage, IN 46368
Telephone (219) 764-1919
Hampton Inn Portage
Posted January 11, 2018
Are you interested in joining a growth oriented company in the Hospitality Industry? The Hampton Inn in Portage Indiana is accepting applications for a full time maintenance engineer.
The Maintenance Engineer has influence and accountability for the proper workings of the hotel to include but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool and general facilities maintenance. The Maintenance Engineer will report to the General Manager and is responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption guests.
- Ability to work on their own without constant supervision.
- Responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the operations and functions of both the interior and exterior areas of the property.
- Experience in construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting and caulking, etc.
- The candidate will need to possess certain people skills that will allow them to be proactive and interactive with other associates and the guests of the hotel.
- Follow hotel guidelines in a manner that offers continued protection of company assets. associates and guest’s safety, and product presentation for promotion of enhanced guest satisfaction.
- The candidate will need to have a good understanding that are hour calls are required.
Essential Job Functions
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- Ability to negotiate with service company/contractor to obtain the best price for services
- General knowledge of procedures of repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Makes systematic checks on all suite room electrical appliances, circuits; being able to repair most in-room defaults.
- Handles all in-house repairs with regard to removing and replacing bathroom tile, painting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Performs suites care program in suites and public areas of hotel
- Creates and maintains preventive maintenance checklists and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to ensure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
- Skilled in the use of fire equipment.
- Ability to conduct Fire Drills of Life Safety Programs.
- Maintenance Experience Required, Hotel Maintenance experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Guest Relation Skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, walk, use hands or fingers and lift up to 80 pound
Hampton Inn Portage
60 Room Hotel
A great choice among hotels in Portage, IN.
Have a restful and successful stay at Hampton Inn Portage. Our welcoming hotel in Portage, Indiana, is situated near a choice of exciting outdoor activities and shopping opportunities. Spend the day at Dunes State Park and unwind on the gorgeous beach at Lake Michigan. Beyond the beach, you'll find lovely forests and some of the most diverse plant and animal life in the Midwest. Have a biking or hiking adventure on a former railroad line. Rent a boat and enjoy salmon fishing on Lake Michigan. Enjoy an afternoon of shopping in over 120 outlet stores at Lighthouse Place Premium outlets, or take a short drive and try your luck at a variety of casinos.
Have a restful stay at the Hampton Inn Portage hotel with amenities and services to make you feel at home, including a clean and fresh Hampton bed® and a selection of premium TV channels. Stay connected to the office from this hotel in Portage, IN with free internet access. Wake up to Hampton’s free hot breakfast, where hot favorites accompany cold selections. If you're in a rush, grab one of this hotel in Portage, IN’s Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday through Friday. Stay active during your stay in the fitness center and indoor pool. Keep in touch with work in the business center and hold your next business meeting in our versatile meeting room.