7226 Woodland Drive at 71st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Telephone (317) 297-7700
Courtyard Indianapolis Northwest
Posted September 8, 2017
The Maintenance Engineer has influence and accountability for the proper workings of the hotel to include but not limited to plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool and general facilities maintenance. The Maintenance Engineer will report to the General Manager and is responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption guests.
- Ability to work on their own without constant supervision.
- Responsibility of monitoring and maintaining the operations and functions of both the interior and exterior areas of the property.
- Experience in construction trades such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, basic heating and air conditioning, swimming pool maintenance, painting and caulking, etc.
- The candidate will need to possess certain people skills that will allow them to be proactive and interactive with other associates and the guests of the hotel.
- Follow hotel guidelines in a manner that offers continued protection of company assets. associates and guest’s safety, and product presentation for promotion of enhanced guest satisfaction.
- The candidate will need to have a good understanding that are hour calls are required.
Essential Job Functions
- Locates and corrects in-room heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) malfunctions and adjusting HVAC units to include systems and control checks.
- Ability to negotiate with service company/contractor to obtain the best price for services
- General knowledge of procedures of repairing and/or replacing all types of plumbing equipment.
- Makes systematic checks on all suite room electrical appliances, circuits; being able to repair most in-room defaults.
- Handles all in-house repairs with regard to removing and replacing bathroom tile, painting, repairing wallboard, wall vinyl, carpentry, etc.
- Utilizes basic hand and power tools required for general maintenance.
- Performs suites care program in suites and public areas of hotel
- Creates and maintains preventive maintenance checklists and other maintenance records.
- Maintains tools, work spaces, equipment, property exterior and grounds to ensure cleanliness.
- Familiar with all major shut off stations, including water and electric with fire alarm stations.
- Skilled in the use of fire equipment.
- Ability to conduct Fire Drills of Life Safety Programs.
- Maintenance Experience Required, Hotel Maintenance experience is a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Guest Relation Skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, bend, walk, use hands or fingers and lift up to 80 pound
Courtyard Indianapolis Northwest
90 Room Hotel
Enjoy the stylish design of our new Park 100 hotel lobby
The newly redesigned Courtyard Marriott Northwest features a state-of-art lobby with tech centered upgrades that provide greater flexibility and functionally for our guests. The modern lobby of our Indianapolis hotel features inviting spaces to work or relax, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather, and airport conditions via our GoBoard. Our Marriott Indianapolis hotel offers an ideal location for both business and leisure travelers, centrally located between the Indianapolis International Airport and downtown Indianapolis, with variety of restaurants and local attractions for our guest to enjoy. Our guests appreciate being a short distance to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indiana State Fairgrounds, and Indianapolis Convention Center. Our open lobby space and renovated guest rooms feature modern conveniences today's traveler has come to expect.